Old August 28th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default New victoria line trains

John B wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Had a look around the mock up train at euston the other day. Whatever
happened to the walkthrough train concept they were promoting a few
years back with cars joined by a gangway? I also remember some
silliness over overhead line pickup too but unsurprisingly that seems
to have disappeared into the daft ideas bin.

Neither of these were ever on the cards for the Victoria line

Yes they were.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...a_c.html#Space

The whole line is underground, so I'm not convinced windows would add
much...

I don't think you can guaranteee that the line will not be extended to
Northumberland Park or Pickets Lock during the lifetime of the new stock.
Also, LUL have to think of revenue from in-tunnel moving adverts, which
might exceed revenue from adverts inside cars.