Old August 28th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default New victoria line trains

John Rowland wrote:
John B wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Had a look around the mock up train at euston the other day.
Whatever happened to the walkthrough train concept they were
promoting a few years back with cars joined by a gangway? I also
remember some silliness over overhead line pickup too but
unsurprisingly that seems to have disappeared into the daft ideas
bin.

Neither of these were ever on the cards for the Victoria line

Yes they were.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...a_c.html#Space

The whole line is underground, so I'm not convinced windows would
add much...

I don't think you can guaranteee that the line will not be extended
to Northumberland Park or Pickets Lock during the lifetime of the
new stock.

In that case small windows will be very welcome in summer. Trains
running on the surface with large windows and no air-conditioning become
mobile greenhouses. The same goes for buses too.
--
Richard J.