Old August 28th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default More munifence from Ken

Roy Stilling wrote:
" wrote:

Come on - PLEASE somebody admit to having voted for all this nonsense!

Alas, I missed voting for Ken the first time round by a few months as
I hadn't yet moved to London, and I missed voting for him the second
time around as I'd just moved out of London, though I still commute in
to work there. I would have voted for Ken both times, and would vote
for him again if I ever move back to London, despite being a
card-carrying Lib Dem.

Roy

Okay, Roy, but do you not see something anomalous in supporting Ken's
munificence without actually having to pay for it? Maybe if you lived
in London and saw your Council Tax bill rising inexorably, you might
think differently.

In fact, that is exactly what led to Ken's first downfall - the fact
that the poor ratepayers of Bromley had to finance his generous
transport subsidy without much benefiting from it.

Marc.