Old October 3rd 03, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
spammy spammy is offline

Default Oyster

"Nick Cooper 625" wrote in message
om...
Okay, so having to get my next monthly travelcard via Oyster is now a
foregone concslusion, but I want to clarify a couple of points that
the web-site is characteristically vague about.

[snip]

i had asked exactly the same two questions that you have just now when i got
mine a few months ago. ive found that, since you can renew them at machines
and over the counter, im using them exactly as i would paper tickets, which
is a shame really. i thought oysters would allow me to renew and use them on
a bus that same morning. now, im doing the same thing that i was with
paper - walking to the station the day i want to renew my ticket. internet
renewals are a bit silly if you dont know which station youll be travelling
from for sure, or if you dont know when your start date will be.

i wonder if bus conductors allow you to board their bus if its clear you
will renew at the station?