Old August 31st 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default South Kensington to Heathrow Terminal 3 on Tuesday

Richard J. wrote:
David of Broadway wrote:
Also, on a different note, the email says that the bus will drop me
off at Terminal 2. How long a walk is it from there to Terminal 3?
Or is there another bus I should take?

It's around 5 to 10 minutes, all underground and much of it on
travolators. The LU shuttle bus drops off at T2, but if you catch a
285, say, it will take you to the central bus station, about half way
between T2 and T3.

The shuttle bus dropped me off right outside the central bus station,
essentially adjacent to the entrance to the Tube station. The walk was
short -- less than 5 minutes.

But I think it might have dropped me off in the wrong place, because we
had to push past a long queue of people waiting to board, and I thought
the drop-off and pick-up points were different.

Do you know which one is closer to the bus stop?

Same distance, because both converge on the same stairs into the ticket
hall. The bus station is right outside, and includes both the special
buses and the normal services.

The one at the back end was one-way down.

No. Business travel increases to normal levels after the summer lull.
This week is probably the best option, after the holiday peak and before
the business traffic ramps up.

Obviously, I can only speak for my flight, but I'd estimate that it was
at least 90% full, probably closer to 95%.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA