Old August 31st 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default South Kensington to Heathrow Terminal 3 on Tuesday

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

Everything was fine until Hounslow East, where we proceeded to sit in
the station for 20-25 minutes due to a signal failure at Hatton Cross.
Then the driver announced that the train would be returning to the West
End. (I will say, I very much enjoyed the driver's informal
announcements. Informal announcements are strictly forbidden here in
New York!)

I wonder if it was Mr Fitzgerald at the mic?

Afraid not - I'm annual leave for two weeks. Although, had it been me,
I would have made similar announcements - I do believe very much in
telling people what's going on (in plain speak too!), even if I haven't
an awful lot to tell them. I believe it to be reassuring.

Now we could have a discussion on all this 'everything is running fine'
rubbish

The points at Hatton Cross and Heathrow have been very problematic of
late. I expect there will be more to come when the line is reopened
tomorrow.

I imagine they're quite thankful we'll be opening the loop again in just
over two weeks.