Old August 31st 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberley Peter Frimberley is offline

Default The oyster-only tube

On 31 Aug 2006 01:16:01 -0700, wrote:

Peter Frimberley wrote:

Why don't you just register for auto-topup and avoid the problem
altogether?

I don't believe it works. I've tried various online things so far
(buying a new ticket, buying new credit...) and none of them have
worked. Station staff have told me they often don't and not to bother
with Oyster online.

It sounds like a really rubbish system with little thought gone into
it.

Francis

It's only rubbish in that you have to go down to £5 to trigger the
next top up, which used to be a problem for me since I get a lot of
buses rather than tubes. But I *think* I read that it works on buses
as well now, so the low threshold should no longer be a problem for
me.

Besides the low threshold it works perfectly. It even emails to say
that you got topped up successfully.