Old September 1st 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martyn dawe martyn dawe is offline

Default The oyster-only tube

In message .com,
writes

Ian F. wrote:

You must be doing it wrong.

How on earth do you know that? No system is infallible.

This is what I did: my Oyster card is registered. I used the Oyster
website and asked it to add some credit to my card. I selected my local
station. All this was confirmed. After the usual period (something like
a week) when I had swiped the card at my station twice every day, I
received the email from Oyster that says that for some reason the
increase in credit failed to take effect.

I cannot see what I *could* have done wrong. I followed the
instructions to the letter and the system failed me.

My suspicion is that either (a) it can't cope with the fact that I am
using a season ticket and for some reason doesn't understand that it
needs to credit me; or (b) there is some problem with the fact that my
card is a replacement (after the old card stopped working).

I have also tried buying a new season ticket online and had the same
experience (it failed to be added). It took me ages to get it sorted
out and a refund.

I can try again if you like, but really don't expect it to work. Can
you suggest anything I might have done wrong?

Francis

I believe if you don't swipe your card with a few days the transaction
is cancelled. If my memory serves its less that a week.
--
martyn dawe