Old October 3rd 03, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Crossrail and Maryland

dan wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on crossrail - I'm
sure earlier proposals had it listed. Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

I would be strongly against closing Acton Main Line.

It is used far less than the nearby North Acton - but I'm sure this
would quickly change if it was given frequent trains through to Central
London. The present service is half-hourly. It should be a Crossrail
stop - the walking route to North Acton is horrible.

[But a North London Line interchange in the same general area would be
even better.]

Colin McKenzie