Old September 2nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default 2 jailed for railway graffiti

Brian Begg-Robertson wrote:

Prison does NOT work in that it does not equip a prisoner for release again.
And the fact remains that, all bar a tiny minority, all of the many
thousands of people in prison right now WILL be released.

The prison system is obviously wrong if it can't equip a prisoner for
returning to normal life. What is your suggested alternative though?

Community support? How many people turn up or complete this?
A fine? How many people pay up?

Surely the prison system needs to be fixed? We can't just give up and
cross our fingers hoping that being respectful to petty criminals will
make them good. Kids laugh at cops because they feel, and probably do,
have more power and rights.

Jonathan