Old September 3rd 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
furnessvale furnessvale is offline

Default 2 jailed for railway graffiti

John Mara wrote:
SNIP
I understand the purpose of the criminal justice system. I am saying
that privatization looks good on paper because many costs are still
borne by the taxpayers. The railway companies do not provide adequate
security for their facilities and they expect the government to make up
for their lack of effort.

Given that rail companies have to pay directly for the services of BTP
whereas comparable non rail transport companies have the services of
home office forces for free, I would think that rail is a bad example
to use to promote this theory.

George