Old September 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tim Fenton Tim Fenton is offline

Default 2 jailed for railway graffiti

"John Mara" wrote in message

As far a getting rid of graffiti goes, the New York City Transit Authority
got rid of graffiti by cleaning it up as soon as it happened. There were
graffiti cleaning crews at most terminals. I was once on a train which
had some fresh graffiti on one side. I was sitting in the first car so I
overheard the radio conversation between the train operator and the
dispatcher.

Hopefully not "Pelham 123, come in please" g

We had to wait for the other terminal track to open up so that the
graffiti would be on the platform side where the cleaners could get at it.

This seemed to be the approach taken by the Barcelona Metro - you had to be
sharp to see graffiti. It was dealt with as a priority. The only evidence of
vandalism you *could* see was ...

On the other hand, NYCTA has had no luck at dealing with window
scratching.

.... yep, you got it.

--
Tim

Fly Monarch Airlines - feed that paranoia