Old September 4th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Orbirail mess (was Planned upgrade for rail routes (aka OuterCircle Line, London))

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article , Dave Arquati
writes
However, NR's RUS now says that TfL's proposal (service variant SLC2
for implementation in Jan 2011) is the rather bewildering:

[...]
and a possible 4tph Caledonian Rd to Dalston "ELL precursor" (what
purpose that would serve, I have no idea

Could it be to let them get experience with the effects of pathing the
ELL on to the NLL, before it opens?

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to work - it must either run
to Dalston Kingsland or Dalston Junction; if it's the former, then
wouldn't they need to build expensive and temporary turnback facilities?
If it's the latter, then there seems to be little point running a
precursor when the proper ELL could be run through.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7