Old September 4th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Clark F Morris Clark F Morris is offline

Default Policing and form of transport was 2 jailed for railway graffiti

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:51:07 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message .com, at
08:51:12 on Sun, 3 Sep 2006, furnessvale remarked:
Given that rail companies have to pay directly for the services of BTP
whereas comparable non rail transport companies have the services of
home office forces for free

Gosh, did Gordon reduce business rates to zero while I wasn't watching?

I assume that rail companies also pay the business rates. Major
terminals for most forms of transport have some kind of security force
with varying amounts of police power. Rail is probably unusual in
also providing a security presence on the right of way.