Old September 5th 06, 12:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Ross Ross is offline

Default 2 jailed for railway graffiti

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:34:44 +0100, I wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:27:55 +0100, Pyromancer wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:

[...]
If those caught doing anti-social things were quickly and painfully
punished, *and* if detection rates were improved so that said thugs knew
they would eventually get caught and dealt with (this being the
difficult and expensive bit that most Daily Wail types forget about),
then I believe we would see a change.

You don't need the pain. You just need to catch the buggers and punish
them - embarrassing the Hell out of them by splashing them all over
the paper the first time they're caught and convicted at an when they
are legally responsible will work.

Makes no sense, that, does it?

It should say...
"...the first time they're caught and convicted at an age when they
are legally responsible..."

Which makes more sense. To me, anyway.
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography: http://www.rosspix.me.uk - updated with NL & LU pix
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters occasionally gripped by me