Old September 5th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default London Overground

Dave Arquati wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...06_tubemap.pdf

That map throws up a few extra bits of information by itself, such as:
- Dalston Junction is considered an interchange with Kingsland (so let's
hope they put some good signs up along Kingsland High Street)
- No plans yet for stations on Phase 2 at either Brixton or Loughborough
Junction (perhaps unsurprising given the cost)
- Carpenders Park, Bushey, Watford High St and Watford Junction look
like they'll be moved into Zone A
- Shepherd's Bush H&C becomes Shepherd's Bush Market, White City H&C
will be Wood Lane, and won't be an advertised interchange with the
Central line (although that might just be an oversight)

Also:
* no plans to move Hampstead Heath or Willesden into Zone 2 (although
this may be oversight: I'm sure the former was part of TfL's original
commitment on taking over NLR).

* no plans to transfer the DC lines to LUL or run the Queens Park to
Stratford service.

* lifts appearing at Euston Square, Paddington (District), Highbury &
Islington, Tottenham Hale, Waterloo (Northern) and Vauxhall.

I guess in Highbury they're going to reanimate the old Tube station and
use its lift shafts - although that hardly provides much of an
interchange with the Overground platforms.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org