Old September 5th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default London Overground

Jim wrote:

Going back to the branding, all "Overground" lines will appear on the Tube
map, which TfL has released a sample of for 2010. Interestingly, the line
style (white centre with orange edges) looks much like the old style used
to show selected British Rail lines (like Thameslink and the NLL) about
fifteen years ago.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...06_tubemap.pdf

This isn't where you're going with the topic, but I wonder why the FCC line
between Finsbury Park and Moorgate isn't included.

I think TfL is keen to make the distinction between "London Overground"
- ie the lines that TfL controls and that it will franchise to London
Underground standards of frequency, staffing, etc under a common
Underground-style brand - and National Rail in general.

Side note - a couple of interesting pics on the TfL press centre,
including mock-ups of the London Overground Electrostars:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...ry/gallery.asp

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org