Old September 5th 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Demiurge Demiurge is offline

Default Would Oyster benefit me?

Paul Corfield wrote:
Or shock, horror travel to Herne Hill and then get a bus (3, 37 or 196)
across to Brixton. This gives 20 buses per hour on that stretch.
For the real cheapo option you could simply get a 109 bus from Croydon
to Brixton using Oyster Pre-Pay and pay £1 in the morning peak and 80p
on the way home. I accept this is only an option if you have the time to
spare for a longer journey. Buses run every 6 mins for most of the day.

Thanks for the advice. I read an article in the Croydon Advertiser calling
route 109 and 250 the "routes to Hell", as supposedly there is often trouble
on these route, the sound of which puts me off - but it never specified what
kind of trouble. Have you heard anything of this?

Demiurge.