Old September 5th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London Overground

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:20:05 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

TfL have announced their branding plans for the North London Railway
concession:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=886

The hidden news in the press release (which is probably more important
than anything else) is that the onward northern extension to Highbury
has been brought forward to Phase 1 (small print at the bottom: "The
Mayor today made a commitment that Phase 1 of the East London Line
Project would be extended from Dalston Junction to Highbury & Islington,
in order to make a connection with the North London Railway").

And hooray for an outbreak of common sense. I am very pleased that the
"round the corner" link is to be part of the first phase rather than
simply being a possibility that might happen "sometime never". [1]

[1] excuse the cynicism but I think delivery of phase 2 of the ELLX is
significantly at risk due to both monetary and political pressures. I
hope it will happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.
--
Paul C