Old September 6th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Bike number plates mooted

Jeremy Parker wrote:

There are two proper lanes adjacent to the bus lane. Move right,
behaving as described in "Cyclecraft", the generally recommended
guide to cycling with other traffic, move back when past the bus.

It works for me.

I do if I can. But quite often there is no gap through which to pass.
And there are so many traffic islands that passing in the hatched
markings doesn't get you very far.

In the evenings, when it's uphill, buses are more likely to be
passing me. They do much the same.

They do pass me occasionally on the uphill but the traffic in that
direction is rarely as bad once you pass the O2.

Most of the time I overtake them back again at the next bus-stop.

During non-bus-lane hours the parked vehicles in the bus-lane
effectively turn them into cycle-only lanes because there's enough room
for a cycle to pass the parked vehicles, but buses and taxis have to
use the main lanes.