Old September 7th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush Market, Wood Lane - H&C line developments

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:07:04 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

THC wrote:
I note from the TfL 2010 map the change to the name of Shepherd's
Bush H&C station to Shepherd's Bush Market, which IMO is a very
sensible development to reflect the distinct nature of the
surrounding area and also the separateness from the Central/"London
Overground" (still feels weird saying that!) station at the other
end of Shepherd's Bush Green.

On the other hand, it seems that by calling the new H&C line station
"Wood Lane", TfL/LU are missing a trick. In an age where
connectivity is apparently all I can't help but feel that this
passes up a great chance to publicly embed a new H&C/Central line
interchange by referring to the new station as "White City",

Exactly, especially as the main (only?) reason for building the new
station is to serve the new White City shopping centre. The owners of
the centre will probably lobby LU to name the station White City.

I wonder if they'll have as much success as a certain other commercial
enterprise in the Thirties, which is rather more than the Government
managed in the late Nineties...

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com