Old September 8th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Using season ticket for part journey

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:25:09 +0100, "elyob"
wrote:

If I have a season ticket between two stations (not travelcard ..opposite
way, in fact), can I use this season ticket to get off at any station
inbetween without incurring any trouble with ticket barriers? I mean, if I
had Waterloo to Brighton season ticket, could I use this same ticket to go
to Wimbledon?

Not at Wimbledon as not line of route but as said elsewhere you could
get off at East Croydon or Gatwick or Haywards Heath.

I'm guessing it should be okay, but am wondering whether the barriers are
clever enough.

There are quite severe limitations as to what can be coded on the back
of a ticket and what the gates can recognise. I used to fully understand
what LUL did on this but I am completely out of date with respect to the
TOCs and how they have tried to cope with the explosion of ticket gate
coverage across the country. As stated in another post it is possible
that your ticket may be rejected and you'd be directly to deal with a
humanoid to let you out of the station - not ideal but I've not heard
that the TOCs have funded a full respecification of the magnetic stripe!

--
Paul C