Old September 8th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Harry G Harry G is offline

Default Walthamstow Central - bus station to tube subway

I had a quick look at a notice at Walthamstow Central last week, which
stated that the tube station ticket office would be closed from Monday
11 September for x months. Seems the final stage of connecting the
subway from the bus station into the tube station is about to start.

It was rather late and I didn't pay an awful lot of attention, but I
think it said the tube ticket office was going to be closed until next
Spring, and reopen with three ticket windows. From that it sounds like
the passageway will enter directly into and level with the landing at
the top of the escalators, with the ticket office being realigned along
the new passageway.

If it was three ticket windows (I may have read wrongly) it seems a
little strange, as I would have thought one or two windows plus several
Oyster-capable ticket machines would have been enough nowadays.

Perhaps however LU feel that they can get more business diverted from
the National Rail ticket offices upstairs, even if people aren't
actually going to use the Victoria line. What might it be worth in
revenue to them for selling (e.g.) a Travelcard compared to the revenue
they would get if bought from the NR office above?