Old October 5th 03, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Bounds Green to Heathrow

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , Nick Cooper
writes
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 15:54:55 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid
morning on Monday. How long should I allow for the
journey ??

Great, now I know which joker with all the luggage to
scowl at!

It does seem typically British to run a service to the
airport, but have no real provision for luggage space.

As with so many extensions to an existing service the Piccadilly Line trains
are a compromise. Its primary functions is to carry people between central
London, the suburbs and intermediately. The airport traffic is an add on,
providing adequate space for large quantities of luggage would be to the
detriment of those who make most use of the service.