Old September 10th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith Spink Keith Spink is offline

Default London Overground

Also, as a longer term idea, it strikes me that the idea some locals
have proposed for a Clapham Junction-South East London route could be a
good addition to the network. A route that ran Clapham Junction-Peckham
Rye-Lewisham-Woolwich-Abbey Wood would provide a link from Crossrail
and City Airport to south London. Be even better if they built those
extra platforms at Brockley.

I've heard about the Clapham Junction to Sidcup idea, but this in my opinion
seems mad. Clapham Junction to Plumstead service seems a far better idea,
with an extension to Abbey Wood if the extra platforms could be built.
Although I am not quite sure where the room to build the Crossrail platforms
is coming from, let alone any additional platforms.

If they ran the service to Plumstead/Abbey Wood throughout the course of the
day/evening, they could scrap the little used Cannon Street - Lewisham -
Plumstead trains and it would allow the Medway - Charing Cross semi-fast
service to continue to travel via Greenwich instead of the IKF plan to go
back to travelling via Lewisham.

--
Keith Spink
InfoTransport (http://www.infotransport.co.uk)

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spamers that are running a scam.