Old September 10th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Rush hour virgin

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:11:42 GMT, "Penny Farthing"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news

It could be a bit of PR coup for FCC if they were to offer to help if
our poster emailed them and explained their concerns though!
--
Paul C

You will laugh at this. I have had a reply from FCC Firstly I will paste
below my e-mail and then their reply:

Dear Sirs
I am an inexperienced user of public transport and have never used it in the
rush hour. Early in October I have to make a journey from Hackbridge to
Farringdon and be in Farringdon by 8:30am. I have to do this on 2
consecutive days and return about 6pm on both days.
I have a great feeling of fear and trepidation about this and even
considered spending over 200 pounds on cabs to avoid this.
I searched some on-line travel planners and realised that in the mornings I
would (for some reason) have to change at Tulse Hill. (A lot more fear)
I posted my fears to an on-line newsgroup called uk.transport.london and
have received some amazing help and support.
They have suggested that I get a clockwise train from Hackbridge which will
take quite a bit longer but will be direct and they said I should almost
certainly get a seat. They even sent me timetables and maps.
They also said I should e-mail you to see if you can offer an further help.
You can read the thread which is entitled 'Rush hour virgin' at
uk.transport.london You should find it here
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....n?lnk=lr&hl=en ( I am
known as Penny Farthing on newsgroups)
I look forward to hearing from you soon

Their helpful reply:

Customer Relations
First Capital Connect
FREEPOST ADM3973
London
SW1A 1YP
Tel: 0845 0264700
Fax: 0845 6769904
Website: www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
Ref: 1384022

Dear xxxxxxx
Thank you for your email dated 8 September 2006.
Unfortunately Customer Relations do not hold any information on train times
or fares, but National Rail Enquiries should be able to help with your
query. Their contact details a
Telephone: 08457 484950
Internet: www.nationalrail.co.uk
Thank you once again for contacting First Capital Connect.
Yours sincerely
Adam Xxxxx
Customer Relations Advisor

No extra mile there then....lol

A typically "numbskull" response from someone who couldn't spot a PR
opportunity sitting behind an unusual request.

I've got a good mind to send that reply to the Operations and Safety
Director at FCC - I know him from his days at LUL!

I imagine he would not be very amused.
--
Paul C