Old October 5th 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bounds Green to Heathrow

In article ,
(Cast_Iron) wrote:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"Cast_Iron" typed

I would allow a little more than that, like 2½ mins. 2
stops per 5 mins is easy eough to calculate.

Whilst better to allow more than less the 2 minutes is based on many
years experience.

I suppose it depends on which parts of which lines you frequent. I
live on the outer fringes of the Northern Line, where 2½ mins is the
correct allowance. My other regular journey is Preston Road to
Uxbridge on the Met (10 stops) for which the 'average' journey time is
given as 26 min.

Inner London stations are far closer so need less time.

My method works for the system as a whole, obviously there are local
variations.

I also use 2 minutes per stop as a working approximation but it isn't
right for outer sections of some lines. E.g. If I take the Victoria Line
from central London to Tottenham Hale I allow 3 minutes per station North
of King's Cross.

--
Colin Rosenstiel