Old October 5th 03, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Night Buses, Workmans Tickets (history question)

"Rizla Ranger UK" wrote in message
om...

But for now, what were the old LT ticket machines
on buses called? Did they have a manufacturers name
or a colloquial name? I mean the aluminium ones with
black plastic 'cog' on the side (fare selector?) and
a handle to print out the ticket. The print was usually
purple and the machines looked ancient by the late 70's
early 80's.

That would be the Gibson machine, named after its designer. If you find
one in good condition for sale, let me know..!!

Ivor