Old September 13th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Proposal for Park LAne tunnel

kytelly wrote:
About 5 years ago there was some proposal to put park lane into a
tunnel and "re-connect" Hyde park to Mayfair. Obviuously this would be
very expensive which I'm sure is why it never proceeded but does anyone
have any other information about it?

Can't say I've heard of it. It does sound rather expensively pointless -
there can't be enough pedestrian traffic between Hyde Park and Mayfair
to warrant such a scheme. I imagine that most pedestrians on that side
of the Park are heading for Marble Arch or Hyde Park Corner, and for
everyone else there are subways which, albeit not ideal, don't seem to
cater for too many people anyway.

--
Dave Arquati