Old October 5th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Volker Finke Volker Finke is offline

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

"dave F" wrote in message new

Does not stand up in court if you refuse to pay the fine "because you are no
longer the owner". My gf transferred her new car a few weeks ago and she had
to sign a document confirming at date and time she was no longer the
registered driver for that vehicle. This was for both parties interest just
in case the vehicle was involved in a criminal activity (i.e. driven
dangerous, driven along bus lanes, speeding or if was involved in an
accident).

I am not thinking as far as court procedures. What I hope is that
authorities will eventually give up pursuing the matter since I no
longer own the car. Any experience?

daveF

PS. Why were you in a bus lane in the first place? Did you not think about
been fined?

No, of course not! I looked out for cameras while driving along but
could not see one. It was obviously well hidden.
Why was I there? I was in a hurry and wanted to bypass traffic. But
please, let us not make this a moral thing. I am trying to get away
with not paying a ticket here and would like to know which
consequences likely.