Old September 14th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Copy Ken? You must be Caracas

John B wrote:

It's one of those interesting reminders that, much as certain rags and
whiners like to relentlessly slate TfL, people worldwide whose job is
to actually understand these things realise that London's transport
system features a great many practices worth emulating (alongside the
areas where it could do better and could learn from other cities,
naturally).

I got on my first tube train in months this morning and we made it from
Euston to Kings X where the train came to an abrupt stop short of the
end of the platform. The then followed several minutes of staff running
up and down the platform with the doors shut. We are told we would have
to detrain and that there was a train right behind. A few more minutes
of nothing much happening then the doors shut then more nothing then
the train shunts back then stops then shunts back again. It then
proceeds forward but instead of going straight on stops and the doors
open. The entire platform full of people stare in amazement until one
brave person decides well the doors are open I'm getting on followed by
everybody else.
We then proceeded with the journey apart from the obligitory reopening
of the doors.
And after January I will have to pay £4 to experience this. Wonderful.

Kevin