Old October 5th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

Volker Finke wrote:
"dave F" wrote in message new

PS. Why were you in a bus lane in the first place? Did you not think
about been fined?

No, of course not! I looked out for cameras while driving along but
could not see one. It was obviously well hidden.

Some are hidden (or at any rate not all that obvious) on the front of buses.

Why was I there? I was in a hurry and wanted to bypass traffic. But
please, let us not make this a moral thing.

But it *is* a moral thing. You selfishly chose to make illegal use of a bus
lane because you were in a hurry, and now that you've been caught, you seek
to avoid paying the fine.

I don't know exactly how the liaison between the police or highway authority
and the DVLA works, but it's possible that DVLA would be asked for details
of who was the registered keeper of the car *on the date the offence was
committed*. If so, the fact that you subsequently sold the car would not be
relevant.
--
Richard J.