Old September 14th 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Ross Ross is offline

Default 2 jailed for railway graffiti

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:49:24 +0100, Pyromancer wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Ross
gently breathed:

In any case, with the sort of anti-social hardcases you're thinking
of, the scars from the physical punishment would merely be worn as a
badge of honour. Not quite the effect you intend, methinks.

In some cases, yes.

For the hardcases, it's not a case of "in some cases". It *will*
become a badge of honour, and quite possibly a requirement should an
apprentice-hardcase wish to be seen seriously.

But there are plenty of "followers-on" who
currently do nasty stuff because they want to look like hardcases, who
might rethink if they thought they'd really be punished for it.

I doubt it very much.
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography: http://www.rosspix.me.uk
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters occasionally gripped by me