Old September 15th 06, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberley Peter Frimberley is offline

Default The oyster-only tube

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:57 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Peter Frimberley) wrote:

It's only rubbish in that you have to go down to £5 to trigger the
next top up

Why? My card only very rarely has as much as £5 credit on it. I make
little use of Oyster because I have paper tickets for the great majority
of my London tube and bus journeys.

Because for regular Oyster users, £5 is gone in no time.

I would just prefer if I could choose the "refill now" point myself.

But as in my previous posts, it would probably not be an efficient
system to allow user-settable limits such as that, as it would
introduce a whole raft of extra lookups.