Old September 15th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
kytelly kytelly is offline

Default Proposal for Park LAne tunnel

Dave Arquati wrote:
I still don't think that such benefits would ever be worth the extreme
costs we're talking about. Hyde Park is huge; the amount of parkland
gained by removing most of Park Lane would be a very small fraction to
add to it.

Yeah probably not, also one of the main benefits would be to increase
the property values along Park Lane itself which doesnt seem a very
noble aim. (Think the scheme was being proposed as a millenium
project!)

However with the road being designated a "freeway" through the
congestion charging zone it does make a sort sense to remove it from
the surface to allow more integrity to the congestion zone.