Old September 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberley Peter Frimberley is offline

Default The oyster-only tube

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:15 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

I don't want auto-top-up unless they pay me interest for all the money
spent that I won't use for months. But internet top-up might be useful
if I knew where I was going next. What you can't do AIUI is top up a
card without using it at the same time.

Even if your Oyster balance across a year was a whole £10, the
interest you're missing out on is measurable in pennies (considerably
fewer than 50 of said pennies, even with a decent high interest
savings account). You could not even buy a Mars Bar with the money
you're talking about.

If half a Mars Bar is more important to you than a whole year's
ticketing convenience, I guess there is no helping you.

Bizarre.