Old September 17th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Thames Festival - Charing Cross to London Bridge closed

MaxB wrote:
I had planned to pop up to London to see the fireworks on the Thames
tonight, and just discovered the brilliant planning which has shut down the
main line over the river and reduced my local service to hourly.

Well done Network Rail!

Yeah, but they messed up and left loads of other routes to the Thames
open (I don't know about your local service).

Bear in mind that nearly all of the festival was on the south of the
river anyway. I do get annoyed by the timing of some closures, but in
this case I don't think that the closure of Charing Cross had any
significant effect on the accessibility of the festival.