Old September 17th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] chrisjbrady@gmail.com is offline

Default Suspected Scam Oyster on Buses

For the second time now I've had a problem with Oyster PAYG on T4L
buses. Today I 'touched in' and the 'touch' registered with the usual
beep. But then the bus driver said that it hadn't registered and that I
had to 'touch' again - I did and it beeped a longer beep and he said
that the card was invalid. He then made me pay £1.50 for a ticket.
When I checked at Paddington Underground Oyster top-up machine the
'touch in' HAD`registered. So I got charged TWICE for the same journey.
Nice scam for T4L. Thanks Ken. Great system. CJB.