Old September 18th 06, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Thames Festival - Charing Cross to London Bridge closed

MaxB wrote:
"Peter Frimberley" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:56:32 +0100, "MaxB"
wrote:

I had planned to pop up to London to see the fireworks on the
Thames tonight, and just discovered the brilliant planning which
has shut down the
main line over the river and reduced my local service to hourly.

Well done Network Rail!

MaxB

They can't plan for every event. Whatever weekend they pick to do
the engineering work, there's always going to be some fairly large
gathering of people somewhere in the capital.

Having had to plan engineering works in the past, one of the first
things you do is to check what else is happening! And it's a damn
site easier these days with the internet.

And this wasn't just Thames festival day, it was also Open House
weekend plus some ITV event - not just your average weekend and
certainly not the day to close down the most conveniently situated
London terminal.

Well, it might be the most convenient for you, but it's useless for me.
Depends where you live, surely? Anyway, the tube was still running, so
there was no lack of transport connections across the river in central
London.

What's your local station that had it's service reduced to hourly
yesterday?
--
Richard J.