Old October 6th 03, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
RalphT RalphT is offline

Default Liverpool Road speed bumps

"I@n" -uk wrote in message ...
dave F wrote:

While we are on the subject of Liverpool Road I'm getting fed up of
those people who believe the have the right to drive down a right
hand turn only lane but then to cuts the vehicle in the correct lane
by going straight on!

This isn't unique to Liverpool Road. The general standard of driving around
London has deteriorated massively in the last two years, due I think to the
lack of policemen around, and the proliferation of traffic light and bus
lane cameras around meaning most drivers look out for them now, and when at
a junction without said cameras, think nothing of breaking the rules.

I think this is also partly due to the feeling that traffic
regulations used to be there for mostly safety related reasons, and
people took them seriously for that reason. This is no longer the
case. When you are confronted by endless no entries/no left turn/right
turn, road narrowings, red phases that go on forever, and when the
feeling is that they are only like this for "political" reasons, then
you stop taking them seriously.