Old September 18th 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush Market, Wood Lane - H&C line developments

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:44:13 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:
4000 car parking spaces and direct access to the A40). Local residents
(including myself) are rather concerned about the impact it will have on
the Holland Park Roundabout, which already struggles to function in the
evenings.

Oh yes, locals like me are worried too. I'll be within walking
distance of this behemoth. Given how bad Wood Lane/HarrowRd can get,
the Kengestion expansion will remove rat runs through W10 and then
4500 cars emerge in waves at commute times just like Bluewater, its
cousin in size terms (2x BrentX).

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:29:39 +0100, Paul Corfield
While I can see why people would be attracted to White City there will
be huge transport issues associated with the development that a couple
of new bus stations, a tube station and a railway station will not
solve. People will go by car and that will clog up a significant part of
West London - next target for a congestion charge zone extension
anybody?

Doubt it on the CC. Sainsburys in Ladbroke Grove (canal end) has
expanded massively and is excluded from the Kengestion expansion of
2007 despite its location. I can't see White City - "Westfield London"
according to LondonLite [see below] - being belted by Ken since it
straddles the axes that would remain outside any charging, and it's
all private off the A40/A219/xM41.

Sad to see none of you were apparently invited to this announcement
party 17 Sept in the Natural History Museum where the official name
was given (sez "LondonLite" ex ESLite, party attended by Phil "the mrs
owns the biz" Green and various famous people I've never heard of).

Same paper has these details:
* size of 37 soccer pitches
* 4 flagship stores (Waitrose, Debs, M&S, Next)
* 265 other sto incl a "luxury mall over 3 floors of 'top designer
brands'"
* 4500 parking spaces - yikes!
* 40 places to eat, spa & gym, arts & culture 'atrium' (wotdat?)
* 2 new bus terminals, 1 new tube stn, 1 overland
Finally "...traffic jams all around" (seriously, it ends on that).
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com