Old September 19th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush Market, Wood Lane - H&C line developments

Peter Frimberley wrote:

http://www.a40actonbridges.info/index.php

But I too had assumed (when driving through the road works at the site
now) that it was both a replacement and widening project. I thought
that was what they bought all those houses up and demolished the
cinema for a few years ago, so they could widen the whole lot to three
lanes! Seems madness to leave it at only two lanes.

The houses were bought and demolished when grade separated junctions were
planned for Gypsy Corner and Western Circus aka Savoy Circus.