Old September 19th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Walthamstow Central - bus station to tube subway

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:13:45 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

Dave Newt wrote:
asdf wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 17:33:53 +0100, Dave Newt wrote:

It was rather late and I didn't pay an awful lot of attention, but I
think it said the tube ticket office was going to be closed until next
Spring
And in the meantime, the lack of any Oyster
facilities/windows/machines whatsoever is going to make it fun trying
to travel with a valid ticket. (Local corner shop which is closed in
even the early evenings notwithstanding.)

From the information available on the web, it seems that the NR ticket
office sells Oyster cards, and is open until 9pm.

Yes, the web says that, but I assure you it's 100% untrue.

I mean the bit abour selling Oyster - they don't :-)

I have to say that the "arrangements" appear to be a shambles. The LU
office is shut. One window in the main NR bit says it does Oyster but
that is often closed. The other windows have signs saying they don't.
It's all academic after 21.00 as there are no ticket facilities at all
on the main side of the station. I think there is a conventional ticket
machine on the Liverpool St side of the station.

One of the PASS agents (the tobacco place near the top of the market)
chose the day of the ticket office closure to shut for what looked like
a substantial refit. This leaves one agent's shop on the bridge and that
doesn't open late either. Why on earth they didn't plonk a temporary
ticket office outside the station in the car park or edging on to the
bus station I do not know. The alternative would be to stick Oyster
compatible kit in the ONE Travel Centre and staff that at all times -
with LU people if necessary.

I pity the poor ONE and LU staff who somehow have to cope with this
shambles at one of the busiest suburban stations on the system.
--
Paul C