Old September 20th 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Oyster question - national rail

In message om,
" writes
Having gone through the T.F.L. telephone rigmarore to speak to a
customer assistant, only to discover that I was No. 26 in the queue, I
thought I'd get a reply much quicker here!

Oooh. Have they introduced waiting list numbers (or whatever the correct
term is)? I'm glad! I don't know why more organisations don't do this
[1] - generally the number of people waiting in the queue is available
to the operators regardless.

e.g. although if the trade descriptions act could be applied Orange
would get sued. "We're receiving an unusually high volume of calls at
the moment..." How can you receive an unusually high volume of calls
*all* the time?!

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking