Old September 20th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Walthamstow Central - bus station to tube subway

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:54:27 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

One of the PASS agents (the tobacco place near the top of the market)
chose the day of the ticket office closure to shut for what looked like
a substantial refit. This leaves one agent's shop on the bridge and that
doesn't open late either. Why on earth they didn't plonk a temporary
ticket office outside the station in the car park or edging on to the
bus station I do not know. The alternative would be to stick Oyster
compatible kit in the ONE Travel Centre and staff that at all times -
with LU people if necessary.

I pity the poor ONE and LU staff who somehow have to cope with this
shambles at one of the busiest suburban stations on the system.

Indeed, and whilst I understand space constraints about ticket machines
in the existing LUL station, surely they could plonk one in the bus
station somewhere at least. A brand-new bus station (ish), with no
facility to make any Oyster transactions?! I'm sure it is coming at some
point(?), but a temporary machine is not an unreasonable expectation there.

Especially as there are empty units in the bus station or space could be
allocated at the inspectors office.

--
Paul C