Old September 20th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martyn dawe martyn dawe is offline

Default Walthamstow Central - bus station to tube subway

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:54:27 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

One of the PASS agents (the tobacco place near the top of the market)
chose the day of the ticket office closure to shut for what looked like
a substantial refit. This leaves one agent's shop on the bridge and that
doesn't open late either. Why on earth they didn't plonk a temporary
ticket office outside the station in the car park or edging on to the
bus station I do not know. The alternative would be to stick Oyster
compatible kit in the ONE Travel Centre and staff that at all times -
with LU people if necessary.

I pity the poor ONE and LU staff who somehow have to cope with this
shambles at one of the busiest suburban stations on the system.

Indeed, and whilst I understand space constraints about ticket machines
in the existing LUL station, surely they could plonk one in the bus
station somewhere at least. A brand-new bus station (ish), with no
facility to make any Oyster transactions?! I'm sure it is coming at some
point(?), but a temporary machine is not an unreasonable expectation there.

Especially as there are empty units in the bus station or space could be
allocated at the inspectors office.

The publicity suggests 11 month closure, surely sept to june is 9 months
?
--
martyn dawe