Old September 21st 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Told you so (was: Route 13 Routemasters)

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

This summer I spent some time in Chicago. I never rode a bus while
I was there, but several times I was walking along the street when
one stopped near me. And *guess what*...!

While an automated voice would be unhelpful, there would be a use in
buses having a speaker on the outside and a microphone with the driver,
to say things like "Service 9 is the second bus waiting at the stop"
and other helpful bits.

"Farkin' get on wiv it - We 'avven gorrall day, y'know"