Old October 6th 03, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

John Rowland wrote:
"david stevenson" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:

Er, what happens to the other 6 tph going west?

Reading? (he asks, knowingly in vain)

A few months ago, they were planned to terminate at Paddington! I
guess that this is still the case.

Extraordinary. Do you know if they intend to provide extra Crossrail
platforms for this at Paddington (very expensive), or will they run the
trains empty to Old Oak Common (say) to reverse?

I'm surprised that Slough or Reading is not proposed, as it would be
relatively cheap to organise, and would put less pressure on Paddington
(above and below ground).
--
Richard J.