Old October 6th 03, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

"Richard J." wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

Er, what happens to the other 6 tph going west?

A few months ago, they were planned to terminate
at Paddington! I guess that this is still the case.

Extraordinary. Do you know if they intend to provide
extra Crossrail platforms for this at Paddington
(very expensive), or will they run the
trains empty to Old Oak Common (say) to reverse?

I don't know.

I'm surprised that Slough or Reading is not proposed,
as it would be relatively cheap to organise,

Not that cheap: Hayes to Slough is not electrified.

I don't have any details on the planned tunnel alignment route, but a quick
look at the A-Z suggests that it might zoom under the place where the H&C,
Central and West London Lines (and West London Transit?) come close to each
other on the north side of the planned White City development. To fail to
create an interchange there would be a great shame. Fortunately, this
location is right on the boundary between Hammersmith and Kensington
boroughs, both of which will suffer the disruption of tunnelling but neither
of which has a station under the current plan. It shouldn't be too hard to
get both boroughs to demand an interchange here. Does anyone reading this
have a track record for influencing boroughs?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped