Old September 23rd 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Thames Festival - Charing Cross to London Bridge closed

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:25:05 GMT, AstraVanMan wrote:

I can't see what you're moaning about though - surely you could have just
changed at London Bridge for Blackfriars and got you just as close as
Charing Cross would have done?

Charing Cross trains were being diverted to Cannon Street. Cannon
Street Tube station was kept open all weekend, and tickets to London
Terminals were being accepted on the Tube between Cannon Street and
Embankment. For a one-off leisure journey, the inconvenience seems
minor to say the least. Compared to what people usually have to put up
with when their desired route is closed for engineering works, it
barely seems worth a mention.

Having the service to your local station reduced to hourly is, I
admit, far more of an inconvenience.